Loaded with amazing sounds, powerful performance tools, and everything you need to create master-quality tracks, there's little wonder why Korg's second-edition Kronos is the keyboard workstation of choice for A-list artists like Jordan Rudess and Derek Sherinian. Among its nine pro-quality sound engines, you'll find everything from premium piano models, classic EPs and organs, and a plethora of synths cultivated over decades of development. Between its tactile controls and oversized touchscreen, you couldn't ask for an easier system to navigate, and since it's all housed in a sleek aluminum body with classy wood ends, your Kronos is ready to travel wherever you next gig may be.
Nine Sound Engines, Infinite Possibilities
From acoustic instruments to gritty analog synths, the Korg Kronos's nine synthesis engines can provide every sound you need. Simply put, if you took any of these individual synth engines and loaded them into an independent keyboard, you'd have a perfectly legitimate instrument most professional performers would be happy to play. All put together, this multi-faceted synthesis environment lets you access thousands of sound and layer them into rich and engaging music beds. This lets you play deep and complex sound and full instrumental arrangements, all without the need to switch presets or pre-record backing tracks. Check out these amazing synthesis engines!
SGX-2 premium piano sound engine
SGX-2 Premium Piano sound engine captures every nuance of real German and Japanese grand pianos. Even the most discerning pianist can appreciate the level of detail Korg put into these pianos, which include breathtaking string resonance modeling that responds flawlessly to the way you use the damper pedal and provides true sympathetic harmonics. Another astonishing thing about the SGX-2 engine is its una corda soft pedal response. Literally meaning "one string," the soft pedal on the Kronos lets you completely shift the piano action to access a who additional range of timbre you rarely find on even dedicated digital pianos.
EP-1 MDS electric piano sound engine
Love the sound of classic electric pianos? Whether you're looking for the bark and bell-like sound of steel reeds and electrostatic pickups or the hard and percussive sounds of hammers on tines, Korg's EP-1 captures every vintage EP sound you crave. The key to it's astonishing realism is called Multi-dimensional Synthesis (MDS) technology, which eliminates the unnatural sound of looped samples to provide seamlessly smooth dynamics that respond naturally to your touch. In addition to six distinct electronic piano models, the EP-1 engine includes a collection of amp, cabinet, speaker, and effects models you can use to completely define your sound.
CX-3 tonewheel organ sound engine
Of course, you can't have amazing electronic pianos and forget to include a collection of classic organs. That's why Korg had to include their CX-3 tonewheel organ sound engine. If you're already familiar with Korg's popular digital organs, then you won't be surprise to hear this sound engine in action... or maybe you will be, since it comes coupled with all of the advanced processing the Kronos has to offer. Start with iconic tonewheel sound, add it vacuum-tube-amp warmth, toss in some essential vintage effects, and top it off with must-have rotary speaker modeling, and you're off to a good start. And that's not taking into account the interactive percussion, instability, fold-back, leakage, and minutia modeled in obsessive detail that deliver a level of realism that's simply jaw dropping.
HD-1 high-definition synthesizer PCM sound engine
Few companies have produced PCM-based synthesis engines for nearly as long as Korg, which is why it's no surprise that their HD-1 PCM-based synthesizer engine is such an astonishingly powerful sound generator. The natural successor in a lineage going back to the original M1, this sound engine includes a legacy of popular Korg instruments, including many programs left out of previous keyboards due to memory constraints. At the same time, this collection of sounds isn't just a history lesson in Korg classics, it benefits from amazing modern technologies such as low-aliasing sample playback oscillators, high-res filters, and many other synthesis components that will redefine the way you think about traditional digital synthesis.
- Comprehensive keyboard workstation with 9 sound engines, thousands of sounds and effects, extensive hands-on controls, and everything you need to arrange and create original music onboard
- 61-note semi-weighted action keyboard provides the quick response and recovery you need for fast-paced synth and organ performances, with enough resistance for piano parts as well
- SGX-2 sound engine takes a no-compromises approach to acoustic piano sound, featuring complex, full-sample synthesis to deliver the character of famous German and Japanese grands, including string resonance and una corda modeling
- EP-1 sound engine employs Korg's cutting-edge Multi-Dimensional Synthesis (MDS) technology to simulate the precise behavior of reed and tine electric pianos, along with effects and more
- CX-3 sound engine perfectly models timeless tonewheel organ sound, complete with a full complement of vintage effects, tube-amp warmth, and rotary speaker cabinet emulation
- HD-1 sound engine leverages decades of PCM digital synthesis developments to produce wavetable tones ranging from perennial classics to unparalleled futuristic synth sounds
- MS-20EX sound engine utilizes Component Modeling Technology (CMT) to recall Korg's classic MS-20 semi-modular monosynth down to its finest details, including external input routing
- PolysixEX sound engine faithfully re-creates the original 1981 Polysix, including its 6-voice polyphony, aggressive 4-pole filter, and onboard effects
- AL-1 sound engine puts legendary OASYS technology into action, mimicking the behavior and response of classic analog synth hardware while including modern functions such as filter morphing, complex waveforms, and more
- MOD-7 sound engine uses waveshaping VPM/FM synthesis to generate everything from the classic electronic piano sounds found in countless '80s ballads to unique and evolving pads and sound beds
- STR-1 sound engine uses advanced physical modeling to synthesize virtual plucked strings for guitar, harp, harpsichord, ethnic instruments, and many other creative sound-design applications
- Sounds include numerous artist signature programs created by top musicians and 16-part Combis with complex sounds covering multiple engines
- Massive 62GB solid-state storage comes pre-loaded with 21GB of sound content covering thousands of sounds, programs, and songs
- Dynamic Voice Allocation manages polyphony for realistic sound layering to keep your performances sounding natural
- Enormous 8" 800px x 600px SVGA TouchView display makes navigation easy while providing you with detailed feedback and parameter control
- Set List mode lets you organize Programs, Combis, and Songs into a single, easy-to-select screen
- Comprehensive onboard songwriting platform includes powerful 16-track sequencing and 16-track audio recorder, allowing you to create entire songs via an intuitive workflow
- Advanced Kay Algorithmic Real-time Music Architecture (KARMA) technology provides natural-sounding and responsive accompaniment that adapts to your style as you play
- Complex yet easy-to-use drum tracks from the M3 synthesizer allows you to quickly add compelling drums and rhythmic elements to your music
- Create your own unique sounds via the onboard Open Sampling System, which takes external sounds or internal samples to create new instruments
- Enhance your sounds with 16 extensive onboard effects processors and 12 insert effects, plus a 3-band EQ for every track
- USB/MIDI host ports let you instantly add MIDI control surfaces directly to your workstation for even greater hands-on control
- Onboard performance controls include Korg's classic 4-way Vector joystick and a responsive ribbon controller, as well as two pedal inputs with half-damper support
- Slim body with classy wood cheeks looks great, travels well, and fits on any keyboard stand for comfortable live gigging
- USB Ethernet adapter compatibility enables high-speed data transfer between Kronos and your computer and lets you access the Kronos Editor and Plug-in Editor software